The Floofs Insured
At Floofers, pet care is our number one priority! Have a peace of mind and a stress-free stay knowing every booking is backed by ‘The Floofs Insured’. ‘The Floofs Insured’ only applies to services booked and paid through the Floofers platform. Floofers must be notified of the incident within 48 hours of the end of the service and care is covered for up to 30 days.
Who is ‘The Floofs Insured’ for?
‘The Floofs Insured’ is to protect pets in the rare occasion that something goes wrong during a booked stay on the Floofers platform.
What are the conditions?
- The issue resulting in the claim must have occurred during a service that was booked and paid for via Floofers before the start of the service.
- The issue must be a direct result of the negligence of the pet sitter or dog walker.
- There is evidence to be documented with the claim (e.g. photos, vet bills).
- Floofers must be notified within 48 hours from the incident.
- ‘The Floofs Insured’ is always secondary to any relevant pet insurance the pet sitter or pet owner may already have. Therefore, any claims must be lodged and finalised with the owner/sitter’s insurance first.
- Only one claim per booking can be submitted.
- All pet sitter’s pets must be listed on the pet sitter’s profile to be eligible for any claims of injuries from the Floofers guest pet.
- Vet care reimbursement for eligible claims related to injury to either the pet owners or pet sitter’s pets. Vet care is covered for up to 30 days after the incident.
- Property damage to the pet owner’s home caused by a pet sitter or dog walker.
- Certain out-of-pocket medical costs for 3rd party injuries (e.g. someone other than the pet owner, pet sitter or dog walker).
- Injury to members of the general public caused by the pet while in the pet sitter’s care.
- Damage to the property of a third party caused by the pet while in the pet sitter’s care.
- Public liability insurance cover up to $10,000,000. Our Public Liability insurance is designed to cover legal fees and damages costs if a pet owner or, member of the public, claims against you for injury or damage to their property as a result of your allegedly negligent pet caring activities.
- Any incident where the service was booked outside of the Floofers platform
- Any incidents arising from meet and greets. ‘The Floofs Insured’ only covers booked and paid services
Treatments & Injuries
- Vet care costs beyond 30 days.
- Anything pre-existing or preventable — such as fleas, ticks, worms or other parasite infestations.
- Breed-specific conditions.
- Costs related to stress or anxiety, as well as self-inflicted wounds as a consequence of itching or scratching due to allergies.
- Physiotherapy and other para-veterinary treatments, such as massage, acupuncture, etc.
- Treatment for injuries to the pet sitter’s own pet not caused by the guest pet during a Floofers booking.
- Treatment for injuries resulting from a breach of professional duty by the pet sitter and/or by a violation of Floofers Terms of Service by either party. For example, walking a dog off-leash in an area where this is reasonably considered not to be suitable.
- Injuries to cats, while the cat is free roaming outside of the owner’s property. This may include fights with other animals, road incidents, falling off a fence etc.
Pet, pet sitter, dog walker and pet owner
- Damages to the pet sitter’s property or home.
- Injury to pet sitters and dog walkers.
- Injuries to family members or roommates.
- Treatment for injuries caused by acts of nature.
- Consequential, emotional, or other non-economic damages related to an injury or incident.
- Losses and damages paid by any other insurance including health insurance, pet insurance, homeowner’s insurance, or renter’s insurance.
- Damage to personal property of either the pet owner or pet sitter (such as damage to personal items, home and/or vehicles and/or cleaning costs)
- Fees or costs incurred from cancellation or changes of holiday or travel arrangements as a result of a booking on Floofers.
- Travel costs incurred as a result of a booking on Floofers.
- The Floofs Insured does not provide coverage for theft. For any situation potentially including stolen property, involved parties are encouraged to reach out to local law enforcement.
The Monetary Details
- Up to $10,000 in vet care reimbursement for eligible claims
- There is a $10m limit for Public Liability compensation to a third party for damage to property or personal injury as a result of the pet sitter’s negligence
- Notify Floofers
Call +61 3 9119 3041 or email us at email@example.com with the subject line as EMERGENCY. Floofers needs to be notified within 48 hours of the incident. Once you have done this, you have 30 days to submit and finalise your claim.
As soon as you notify us of any emergency, our team can assist in mitigating the injury or damage caused by the incident.
- Contact the other party
Work with the other party to see if you can find a resolution together. Communicate through Floofers messages so there is a record of the conversation. If you are unable to come to an agreement together, please let us know.
- Work with your insurance provider
Find out if you are covered by any other insurance covers such as pet insurance or home owner’s insurance. ‘The Floofs Insured’ is intended to be used when there is no other insurance in place.
- Check you are eligible
Familiarise yourself with our coverage and exclusions by reading our full policy details here
Once we’ve received your claim, Floofers will review all claim-related information to determine eligibility. Floofers may contact either party if additional information is required.
The processing of claims depends of the severity of the claim, the information provided and the cooperation of each party. Generally, claims are processed within 30 days.
You can file a claim for reimbursement under ‘The Floofs Insured’ by emailing us with all the required information and documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your claim will be processed only after all necessary information has been submitted. Once you have notified Floofers within 48 hours of the incident occurring, you have 30 days to submit all necessary information.
- Booking reference number
- A full description of the events leading up to the Incident
For vet care-related claims, include the following;
- All veterinary treatment notes, invoices and receipts from a board-certified practicing veterinarian
- Contact details for the veterinary practice or hospital the pet attended
- Any photos, additional receipts, and other relevant documents
- Timeline of expected care, if additional treatment is needed
- The pet owner’s own pet insurance coverage details (if applicable)
For other claims, include the following:
- Photos of the damage and/or injuries of third parties
- Receipts, original product packaging, warranty cards, or other proof of ownership to help establish fair market value for property damage
- Contact details of witnesses/ third parties if necessary